As Congressman, Nix will:
- Support complete funding for mental health services for children and families experiencing trauma, that has been identified by school and wraparound service professionals.
- Work to reform standardized testing.
- Mandate any school district, public or charter that receives funding from the government, must have a teachers union.
- Establish a high-quality child care system for all families.
- Support a minimum teacher salary mandate.
As an educator of over 15 years Dee Nix understands the disparity in education as it pertains to fair and equal funding for schools in black communities. Children should be able to reach their full potential regardless of the neighborhood they live in. Our students at-large face many traumas and while most go through the system successfully, Nix experienced the suicide of a former student due to comments of sexuality by a parent of the student after a relative was convicted of molesting the student.